Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dancing in public

Don’t you just love it when you hear a song in a completely random setting and it brings up a memory buried deep in your mine, but in comes up so vividly that you’d swear you were back in that place, that time?

Today I was sitting at an event for my job and there was almost no one there, soooo bored. Then the song sway (the shaft version) came one.  This version came out in 1999, so it’s pretty rare that it comes on the radio, but at the time it was on all the time, it was THE summer song.  It made me remember a guy I worked with at my first full time job in promotions.  Whenever this song would come on, he would stop whatever it was he was doing, come over, grab me and we’d dance.

It got me thinking about the me I was back then, 18, fresh out of high school, working insane hours, travelling for work, and making more money than I knew what to do with, and spending it as fast as I could make it.  This was all before I got my first real life bitchslap.  I remember feeling all grown up, invincible, all knowing and wise.

So much has happened since then, so much has changed, but the urge to break out into dance at a great song in a random setting is still strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment