Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How did I get here? And where are my shoes?


How did I get here? And where are my shoes?

So here I am, I’m finally doing it, after many friends telling me I should, and a whackload of time trying to figure out how to do it right, I’m starting the blog.

I live in an area where I feel very psychologically isolated, surrounded by people, but alone in 99% of my opinions, beliefs, and priorities.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the people in my life now and don’t regret coming here, but sometimes I just feel like screaming.

I’m a 29 year old vegetarian with a shoe obsession in debt and only have the slightest of notions as to who this grown up me is, and even less of where I’m going.  To be honest, I never planned past 28, so for the past year I’ve been kind of floating around, kinda hoping for some big hand to come down out of the sky and point to where I’m supposed to be headed. 

I’ve been through therapy, read a crapload of self-help books, and sought advice from every person I could think of.  So far all I’ve got is that I’ve decided to just be me.  It seems so simple as a concept, but was and is really hard sometimes.  I try not to do anything just because I should, and have stopped trying to follow other people’s paths to happiness.  The nit hit me that the next step in my journey may just be to put this me I’ve discovered so far out there, that maybe talking about my chaos may help me find some semblance of order.

They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and I plan to make my first step in my glittery strappy sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment