Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So no improvement then.


So obviously I failed at the 30 day challenge, as always, things came up, I got distracted, and there you go.

I could go on and on about why I failed, work overload, boyfriend and his kids overload, and generally feeling really crappy over the past week (like seeing double nauseous crappy), but the fact remains, another project left unfinished.

I am a serial unfinisher (nonfinisher?).  I start a project with the best of intentions, and then about 2/3 of the way through, a distraction, or another newer, shinier project crops up and said project goes into one of the many piles of unfinished things.  These range from knitting projects, exercise programs, books, organisational projects, time management projects, etc. etc.

I once even made a goal to finish one unfinished project every week until they were all done…I gave up after 2 weeks.  I’ve tried task lists, phone apps and just about every system I can find. 

The funny thing is that I am known for getting things done, and when it comes to getting things done for other people or work, no problem, I am superwoman.  Which brings me to my question of today, why can I be so motivated when I am doing things for others, but not for my own pet projects? 

Maybe it has something to do with seeking praise from others.  When I do something for someone else, there is recognition, a thank you or something of the sort.  Why can’t I seem to get the same feeling when it is just for me?  I think this is something I need to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment