Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A guilt free recipe


My childhood comfort food was macaroni with a can of diced tomatoes.  Lately I have been trying to make better choices, especially when it comes to white bread products.  I love my bread, and pasta, and cake.  I stumbled on this recipe out of sheer laziness, but it is now my new comfort food, and it definitely fills you up. 

Quinoa and tomatoes (serves 2)
Ingredients
½ cup dry rinsed organic quinoa
½ cup water
1 793ml can dices tomatoes (I personally go for the low or no sodium option)

Directions
Place all ingredients in a rice cooker and stir.
Turn on rice cooker
Wait for rice cooker to « pop »
Eat yummy food

Calories – 240
Protein – 9.2g
Carbs – 47.6g
Fat – 3.3g

Inspired by Mama Kat’s pretty much world famous writing prompts - Let’s get healthy…share a guilt free meal you enjoy.

Mama’s Losin’ It

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try quinoa for the longest time. I think I'll finally give it a try, it sounds like it would be good with tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete