Tuesday, March 5, 2013

10 random things I know how to do


First off let me say once again that I adore my cleaning lady.  Mostly because on days like today, when I’m feeling especially crummy and have no motivation, I look at my agenda and am happier, because no matter how crappy the day goes, I’ll be going home to a spotless house.  These days I am finding it really hard to be optimistic and motivated; today I learned that my layoff is being turned into a let-go. I’m waiting on news from a few interviews, but there is nothing concrete.  It’s hard to be back at square one.  I’m trying to focus on what I have rather than what I’m losing, but it’s easier said than done. 

With that said, change of topic.  Here are 10 random things I know how to do.

1.      Take off a belt using only my teeth (off of someone else of course, if I could take off my own with my teeth, that would be even more impressive lol)
2.      Properly apply vinyl designs to cars, windows and signs
3.      Knit
4.      Tie a cherry stem with my tongue (the tongue ring helps)
5.      Work a large format printer and laminating machine
6.      Say "will you sleep with me?" in 6 different languages (long story)
7.      Walk/Run in heels over 4 inches
8.      Make an incredible hummus
9.      Make network cables and plugs from scratch
10.  Basic car maintenance including changing tires.

And as an added bonus, here are some things that most people can do that I can’t
1.      Snap my fingers
2.      Wink with both eyes (I can only wink with my left)
3.      A cartwheel
4.      Drive stick (the car kind)
5.      Dive into a pool (I can jump in, and swim, but not dive)
6.      Touch my toes (I’ve never been able to, but I’m working on my flexibility, so hopefully this will change)

 Inspired by Mama Kat’s pretty much world famous writing prompts - List 10 random things you know how to do
Mama’s Losin’ It

5 comments:

  1. Those are random things, and each equally important in my eyes (especially the car maintenance one). :)

    Good luck with your job situation and here's hoping things look up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of one job that at least 7 of your listed skills would fit nicely! But I'm guess the health benefits are for shit and while the hours are short, well they're not ideal :) LOL! Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Walk/run in over 4 inch heals! Now that is what I call a talent! I can hardly stand up in 4 inch heals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a talented woman! You've gotta teach me the cherry trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://jezebel.com/5121481/how-to-tie-a-cherry-stem-in-a-knot-with-your-tongue

      Here you go

      Delete